Released on: 28, April 2010
, Author: Daniel Laiseca
, Audience: Software related
Syntheway Zephyrus VSTi is a hybrid synthesizer that combines an analog synthesis engine and SoundFont oscillator to produce complex pads and background sounds.
What's New in Zephyrus Version 1.1:
- Updated built-in sound bank to 64 patches, including 32 new predefined sounds, including a vast array of Synths (Lead, Flute, Mallet), Atmos, Pads, Keys (Piano, Organ, Clavinet, Harpsichord) and FX. Some of them mixed with SoundFont (SF2) Oscillator's background.
- Redesigned GUI.
- Some bug-fixes and smaller improvements.
- SoundFont Oscillator: The SFO Uses the raw samples in a soundfont file (*.SF2) as waveforms. Samples can be arranged into Banks, Patches, Key and Velocity zones.
- 2 Digitally Controlled Oscillator - DCO - with 3 selectable waveforms (Saw, Triangle, Pulse) have knobs to control the octave (4' 8' 16') , and interval.
- 2 Digitally Controlled Filter - DCF - A) with control over cutoff, contour amount, FM mod and emphasis. B) with control over ADSR envelope generator (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release).
- Mixer, controlling Oscillators A & B, master volume, Filter mod and Tracking rate.
- LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) with 2 selectable waveforms (Triangle & Pulse)
- Loudness Contour with control over ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release).
- Distortion Unit (Waveshaper): A wave distortion effect which maps input to output values using flexible spline-based graph. Distorts the input depending on a transfer function you draw by dragging the control points with your mouse.
- Portamento (Glide) Control: affects pitch transitions. A gliding effect that allows a sound to change pitch at a gradual rate, rather than abruptly, when a new key is pressed or MIDI note sent. When turned to the far left, there are no pitch transitions - new notes immediately play at their "correct" pitch. If turned to the right, the glide time increases - new notes are triggered at the pitch of the previous note, and then gradually glide to the pitch of the played note, quickly or slowly, depending on the setting of this knob.
- Delay Effect Built-in: with Modulation (Varies the delay time dynamically- 0 to 10V ) and Amount of Feedback controls.
- On-screen MIDI keyboard that can be played with the mouse, or keyboard (Q is Middle-C, Z two Octaves lower) The 'T' on the left of the keyboard sets Toggle Mode where each key stays held until you click it a second time.
- 64 internal presets (Pre-programmed sounds). Presets List
- Possibility of turn the Synth into Mono Mode and Retrigger switch.
- Hint Property: Tool tip when the mouse is over a control. You can mouse over any of the controls anywhere in Zephyrus and this will display a short description of what that control does.
- One-panel Graphical User Interface
- FULL MIDI Automation: Complete MIDI Continuous Controllers.
Direct URL to the product s web page:
A demo version of Syntheway Zephyrus VSTi is available at:
For more information, visit their web site at
# # #
Syntheway Zephyrus is a hybrid synthesizer that combines an analog synthesis engine and soundfont oscillator to produce complex pads and background sounds.
Fantasize Soundfont Player VSTi
Fantasize is a sampler generator which can load SoundFont (SF2 format) instruments/drumkits collections, designed for creating music on your VST Host. High quality sample-playback engine, make FANTASIZE the perfect choice for sample composers.
Syntheway Strings VSTi
Syntheway Strings is a "rich-sounding" sample based string VSTi for Windows. Features Multisampled Ensemble Strings: Virtual Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass.
Syntheway Harmodion VSTi
Harmodion is a Drawbar organ, Reed, Harmonium, Accordion and Bandoneon emulation using Additive Synthesis.
Syntheway Percussion Kit VSTi
Syntheway Percussion Kit is a collection of percussion instruments designed for creating Orchestral Percussion, Auxiliary Percussion, Mallet Percussion, Latin Percussion and African Percussion. Includes: Vibraphone,Xylophone,Marimba & Tubular Bells
Syntheway Magnus Choir VSTi
Magnus Choir is a virtual instrument plug-in which can be used to create natural, synthetic and hybrid choirs, using a combination of synthesis and sampling. Includes a variety of vocal textures and sustained vowels in multiple dynamics.
Syntheway RetroMagix Harpsichord VSTi
RetroMagix is a Virtual Harpsichord based on the Flemish (Belgian Dutch) models, designed for creating a wide range of Harpsichord sounds. Available for Windows and Linux based VST/FST hosts.
Syntheway ElectriKeys e-Piano VSTi
ElectriKeys is an Electric Piano Emulation based on vintage Fender Rhodes MK1 , Hohner Clavinet D6 , Wurlitzer and Yamaha CP-70 e-pianos. Available for Windows and Linux based VST/FST hosts.
Syntheway Aeternus Brass VSTi
Aeternus is a virtual Brass instrument, featuring solo Trumpet, Cornet, Trombone, Tuba, French Horn, Flugelhorn as well as Brass Sections and Orchestral Ensemble.